The long-awaited PUBG Mobile 2.0 update for Android is finally available for download. This new version of one of the most successful video games on the market comes fully equipped with dozens of new features. In addition to a redesign of the Livik map, Tencent aims to impress and amaze with their new collaboration with the anime Evangelion. So buckle up, because the angels from the saga directed by Hideaki Anno are ready to raise some hell.
New changes made to PUBG’s Livik map
The wait is over. You can finally install the PUBG 2.0 update on your Android smartphone. As soon as you start your first game, you’ll realize that some changes have been made to the Livik map. The well-known map of this game from Tencent incorporates new features in its design that take the excitement factor to a whole other level. All the areas have been revamped to improve your experience while you plan out the best combat strategies possible. You’ll need to pay attention during the first few minutes of each game, since at the beginning of the battle, you’ll get a glimpse at an advanced supply area where you’ll have the chance to stock up on all the resources you may need.
It’s now possible to move around even faster in PUBG thanks to the addition of a brand-new vehicle. You’ll be able to cover every nook and cranny of the Livik and Aftermath maps at top speeds behind the wheel of the Utility Task Vehicle. In fact, the vehicle’s 4×4 power makes crossing rivers, climbing over mountains, or crossing vast grasslands look like child’s play. Plus, the vehicle can hold up to four passengers, so you won’t have to leave any of your comrades behind.
Minigames included in the PUBG 2.0 update
PUBG’s 2.0 update also hides a number of minigames and resources for you to discover over the course of the game.
- In the Blomster area, you’ll find a soccer field where you’ll have a chance at winning tons of rewards for scoring goals. But you’ll want to be careful— if you spend too much time on the field you’ll have a lot of chances of being eliminated.
- Using some available ramps, you’ll be able to fly through the air with your vehicle to obtain rewards that can’t be collected at ground level.
- The zip line will also help you get from one place to another on the map much faster to collect different helpful items.
- Collecting wild berries will help you recover energy without the need for bandages or other items. Pay attention to your surroundings because these foods can be hidden anywhere.
- Respawn Towers will be scattered all over the map and you’ll need these items to be able to revive teammates who have fallen in combat.
- You’ll also need to watch out for the Livik volcano. The eruption can be triggered at any time and you’ll need to dodge the lava or you’ll end up being disintegrated at boiling-hot temperatures.
A new season awaits
The new version of PUBG Mobile brings with it the arrival of the Cycle 2 Battle Pass from season 6 of the game. Starting May 19, you’ll be able to get your hands on a new batch of legendary rewards. Among the items you’ll be able to unlock, you’ll find powerful parachutes, different themed glasses and groundbreaking masks. A free Royale Pass voucher will also be available for next month’s Royale Pass, under the Toy World theme.
In PUBG’s version 2.0 you’ll also be able to track the progress of your missions in matches using the minimap and, with the favorites box, you’ll be able to select favorite rewards from previous seasons. If you manage to reach level 50 you’ll have the option to choose between two different rewards. In addition, you’ll be able to participate in the server-wide Golden Chicken event and the additional Royale Pass Point event.
New items added to the store
With the arrival of PUBG Mobile’s 2.0 update, the following items have been added to the store:
- Mythical Crystal Power Squad outfits: the Interstellar Chimera Set, the Floret Fairy Set, the Sacred Eminence Set and the Styx Sovereign Set have been added.
- The character Emilia can also be unlocked. This material scientist is capable of providing players with new equipment.
PUBG Mobile and Evangelion join forces
The collaboration with Evangelion is another highlight of this PUBG Mobile 2.0 update. The Angels from the anime directed by Hideaki Anno will appear in Livik during a special event —the release date will be announced soon. The iconic 26-episode series, launched in 1995, gathered millions of viewers on television before making the leap to the big screen with four movies. This means that there are plenty of Neon Genesis Evangelion fans eager to find out more about this franchise mash-up.
Technical and safety improvements
To guarantee the best gaming experience, the new PUBG Mobile 2.0 update also includes different visual and user interface improvements. Likewise, the title has doubled up on security by incorporating new systems to detect cheaters, including the Eagle System and the Fog of War Anti-Cheat System.
Translated by Sarah Odebralski