Google has announced the 20 finalists of the Google Play Indie Games contest under way in Europe. We mentioned this event a while ago and now the news has come out that Google’s top 20 picks will be exhibited on February 16th at the Saatchi Gallery in London. This compendium of indie games for Android is sure to stoke the excitement of tons of gamers out there.
Though we have yet to see which games make it into the top 10 and which one actually wins, we can already tell what kinds of games shone the brightest in this contest thanks to these finalists. What’s clear is that diversity is the keyword and we’re looking at games from very disparate genres: puzzles, strategy, platformers, even a pinball game. The variety is the appeal here and these finalists make that clear, though there are six titles that we haven’t been able to see much of as they’re still under development. The list has a few paid titles, but most are free and you can already enjoy a lot of them on Uptodown.
- Blind Drive by Lo-Fi People (Israel)
- Casualty by Loju (United Kingdom)
- Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket by Arcane Circus (Netherlands)
- egz by Lonely Woof (France)
- Ellipsis by Salmi GmbH (Germany)
- Gladiabots by GFX47 (France)
- Happy Hop: Kawaii Jump By Platonic Games (Spain)
- Hidden Folks by Adriann de Jongh (Netherlands)
- Lichtspeer by Lichtund (Poland)
- Lost in Harmony by Digixart Entertainment (France) [Download
- Mr Future Ninja by Huijaus Studios (Finland)
- Paper Wings by Fil Games (Turkey) [Download]
- Power Hover by Oddrok (Finland) [Download]
- twofold inc. by grapefrukt games (Sweden)
- Unworded by Bento Studio (France)
These 20 games have been selected from among more than 1,000 participants and the jury has taken into account stuff like level of fun, innovation, design, and technical and production quality. Now we just have to wait till February 16, when the final winners will be chosen at the Saatchi Gallery in London. If for some reason you’re in the British capital at that time, you can attend the event and enjoy the games live. Just register at this link.
More info | Android Developers Blog