Surprises are brewing in the Clash Royale universe. While we recently confirmed the disappearance of the clan chests, now it’s time for some new balance updates that are going to penalize some of the most played cards: The Dark Prince, Spear Goblins, the Ice Spirit, and more.
April 24th balance update
It’s been over two months since the card balances were last updated. In this time, we’ve seen how the Goblin Hut became one of the most played cards on various levels, a real nightmare that has forced many of us have to change our decks in order to take it down. At Supercell, they’re always vigilant of these movements in the metas and that’s why the Spear Goblins have become one of the focuses of this update.
The changes in this new balance update don’t stop there though. The Dark Prince has also been put in the spotlight, which was maybe given too much of a boost with the last update which turned it into a card to use to the end. Well, it’s time to stop beating around the bush and get down to exactly what the changes are:
- The Barbarian Barrel increases its range from 6.5 to 7.
- The Dark Prince’s shield hitpoints are reduced by 25%.
- Spear Goblins (including Goblin Gang, Goblin Hut and Spear Goblin card) change hit speed from 1.1 to 1.2 seconds.
- The Knight increases hitpoints by 3%.
- The Dart Goblin increases damage by 3%.
- The Ice Spirit reduces its damage by 4% and the troops affected by its action will be frozen for 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds.
- The Skeleton Barrel now deploys 7 skeletons instead of 6.
- Lightning increases its radius from 3 to 3.5.
- Tornado reduces its duration from 2.5 to 2 seconds and damage per second increases by 21%.
- The Magic Archer now attacks its moving targets better, which will help it hit spawning units coming out of buildings.
In addition to these changes that affect specific cards, the spells can now be played on the river. They’ve also fixed some errors like the Hunter not being able to shoot at targets on top of him and that the witch sometimes changed targets if the skeletons pushed her out of range of the tower. Here you have the complete list of changes if you’d like to learn more.
Clan Wars are coming
We’ve already mentioned that new changes are looming around the corner for Clash Royale and one of the most important ones is the arrival of Clan Wars. For now, we don’t know much about them, but it seems like it’s going to be a feature that will solve the whole Clan Chest ordeal. What we do know is that Supercell is creating quite a bit of hype about it and has even put together a nice little video to get us drooling. We’ll keep you guys updated about the event as soon as we have more details. But for now, it might be a good idea to start looking for a clan if you’re not a part of one yet. In fact, that’s one of our top tips for Clash Royale newbies.
Clash Royale for Android on Uptodown [APK] | Download