The newest update 0.33 for Pokemon GO, added a few significant changes like the possibility to change your nickname (albeit, you can only make a single modification) among other tweaks. Regarding the controversial changes that affected many users’ ability to use Pokemon detection radars, it seems like that edit is still in the works. For now, you get some grass on your screen as an added backdrop behind any nearby Pokemon, which for now it’s simply an aesthetic feature. Here’s our full list of changes included in this new version.
- Added a new dialogue tab to remind trainers not to play while they’re traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm that they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Improvements in curveball precision.
- Bug fix that now correctly assigns experience bonus for throws depending on if they’re “Good,” “Great,” or “Excellent.”
- Improvements on achievement icons that were displayed wrong.
- Trainers can now changed their nicknames, but only once. Please choose your nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with Battery Saving Mode for iOS and reactivated that feature.
- Visual elements are now more present for team leaders: Candela, Blanche and Spark.
- They’re looking into an alternative system for locating Pokemon based on a small group of players. During this time there will be some changes in the game interface.
- Other minor edits and improvements.