A few weeks ago Facebook Home was introduced to the world – a user interface layer for your smartphone that gives the famous social network the spotlight, turning it into a complete launcher with notifications on your device’s home screen. On April 15th, the interface was released for free on Google Play, although it is currently limited to a small number of models. Here we explain how to install Facebook Home on any smartphone regardless of the brand or model. The only requirement is that it run Android 4.0 or above.
– The first thing you must do is completely uninstall the official Facebook app and/or Facebook Messenger in the event that you have it on your phone.
– Next, you will have to download the modified version of Facebook in APK format. Here on Uptodown we have compiled everything you need into a pack that you can find HERE.
– Once the pack has been decompressed, and the three APK files have been copied onto your smartphone, you will proceed to install them in a specific order. Important: To install applications outside of Google Play, you have to activate the “Unknown sources” option under the menu Settings > Security.
– The installation order is the following:
1) Facebook client from the file com.facebook.katana.modaco.apk
2) SMS integration from the file com.facebook.orca.modaco.apk
3) The new launcher from the file com.facebook.home.modaco.apk
– Lastly, you will return to your smartphone’s home screen, where you will be given the option to choose between your current launcher and that of Facebook Home. Choose the latter, and enter your typical Facebook login information, and you are all set.