Peggo – YouTube to MP3 Converter is one of the most practical apps you can find (and one of our top downloads on Uptodown). It lets you locally download the audio from any YouTube or Soundcloud video. Just insert the URL to your selected video to extract and convert the audio to MP3 format so you can listen to it any time. Here’s a quick how-to.
- Recall that to download files in APK format you’ll need to enable the Unknown Origins option on your Android: more info here.
- Download and install the Peggo app from Uptodown.
- To add the URL for a YouTube video you’ve got two options. One of them consists of browsing through the YouTube app to find it and then using the Share button to send it directly to the Peggo app (it should appear in your list of apps to send links to). The other way is to use the integrated YouTube video search engine on the Peggo homepage.
- After picking the video, you can go to the settings page to make certain changes, whether it’s trimming the start and endpoints of the audio clip to be extracted (otherwise the whole thing gets downloaded), edit the metadata for the MP3 (artist and title) and improve the final output by adjusting the volume and adding a short silence at the beginning and end of the track.
- Optionally (and as with similar apps like SnapTube or Tubemate,) Peggo also lets you download the whole video in whatever quality you want, in which case you should select the Record Video option.
- Otherwise just tap the Record MP3 button to proceed to extracting and saving the audio locally. By default the output goes into the Music/Peggo folder, but from the app’s settings menu (accessible from the icon at the top right) you can change that filepath as well as the output quality, set by default at 128 kbps.